Mark L

For someone who has already installed the Van's ELT/Strobe Mount in a 7 or 7A, when installing per the plans & instructions, how much clearance in offered for rudder cable clearance? I plan on installing the bracket to the J-stringers before installing my skins to avoid difficulty with rivet installation. Can you push the bracket right up against the lower J-stringer? Would it be necessary to dremel out the fore and aft, skin-side edge of the mount a bit to allow for more clearance to avoid cable chaffing?

wellllll

i just beat this to death, the mounts nest on the stringers. i would advise for a perfect installation you do them before side skins if possible. i went with the belcrank angle spot.(even though many others successfully post installed these. looks troublesome to me and i didnt like the angles left to drill and squeeze the rivets.i felt letting the bracket hang open to rivet from the top would/ could preload the side skin and maybe cause a bulge in the exterior when closed to rivet the top ones. they dont go all the way forward (to the 705) and there seems to be plenty of rudder cable clearance. must be fitted with skins and stringers in place. gooood luck