todehnal

Well Known Member
Van tends to put a lot of thought into his choices and recommendations on products for his aircraft, and he usually does this with a frugal eye. I was quite surprised to see them using the Advanced system in the RV-12 and for included this product line in their catalog. Any thoughts as to why Dynon was passed over in this decision process? The Advanced system appears to be a lot more expensive, so my guess is that it must offer superior value. But where is it?

Tom

I have been told by a fairly reliable source that some of the development software was written by someone close to the Vans organization. Hear say but I believe it.

I would

figure that is was "offered" to Van's to try and see if they liked it. If I were a "major" supplier of experimental products, I would offer one of the most popular experimental company my product to demo and also would give them a dealership to boot. Not sure but it is my opinion. The power of a free product is very hard to pass up.

Rob makes a good product, has his facility located a few miles from Vans, knows many of the people employed there, and is active in the local EAA chapter, as are many folks from Vans including Van and Jerry. Makes perfect sense that he would be working closely with them. Utlimately, the choice will be the builders.

I agree with ya Dynon support. Don't read that much into it, the only good decision is an informed one. A builder needs to look around to see what's out there and decide for him or her self what works best for them.

Tom Green told me that a lot of the panel stuff is given to them because suppliers know that lots of folks are going to see their products during a demo flight. Just a marketing thing that saves Van's money.

Richard Scott
RV-9A Fuselage