mkmuch

Question for all you long timers...

Does anyone have any knowledge past, present or future if VANS is going to or usually does offer some kind of at "The Show" discounts on kits or key components?

I am thinking about ordering something expensive and if waiting a few weeks saves me a couple of bucks - well then, you know the rest.

no

No discounts ever that i know of. There is the prop engine combo that has been offered the last year. At osh and sun n fun they have a very small special on the lyco's You get free shipping, free long term storage and maybe 500 or so off the engine. Sad but thats the facts jack. :(

I bought my wing kit at OSH in 2007 from Van himself and he wouldn't even give me a hat! :D That was awesome! He knows what the kits are worth!

- Peter

PS - I bought the hat anyway!

They have offered a show special on engines the last two years that I know of. My XIO-360-M1B was discounted ( I don't remeber how much, $23,950 out the door) and free shipping ( I already had the prop, and they wouln't back up to the combo deal).

With Superior gone and ECI in a parts shortage, they might not offer this, this year. Never can tell.

Last edited:
SnF discount......maybe?

There was a sign up for an engine/prop discount at SnF, but it was not clear to me if this was the "standard" $1K off for engine and prob combo order, or something special on top of the standard combo discount. I even asked and wasn't sure after the answer. :(

I am one of the few people to get a discount at the Vans booth at Oshkosh!

They had some books for sale, and I wanted a copy of ?Stick and Rudder?, but the only copy they had left was the display copy. So the person at the counter charged me $10.00 instead of the usual $15.00.

Lucky day for me.

QB

IIRC, Vans usually sells the Oshkosh display QB kit at a discount after the show.