Greenley

Well Known Member
Have heard different things on customizing kit orders, and was doing that last week, received my order confirmation today. Discussed the order with them and was told that the policy is that any substractions from the kit are done at the discount packaged price, but any additions are done at full retail. Not what I was expecting, but they said that is the way it is. Just so you know what to expect officially.

Was ordering my finished kit.

same experience till....

I politely asked for some help with pricing. Vans is just like us,we all need to make a profit to stay in business but Vans, like us, CAN be flexible and discount. I have had outstanding customer service from Vans. My suggestion is to ask as it worked for us.

Also, keep in mind that if you subtract something that is part of a packaged subkit, they will still ship and charge you for it, then you have to return it.

Vans has been very fair with me on things that I cut from the kits I have ordered. The alternator, wheels, some fairings, and a few things I can't think of now, but I was very satisfied with how they took care of me. I just told them in my email I had some of the parts already and to credit me whatever was fair. They were.