prkaye

Well Known Member
Does anybody know if the Vans Webstore is closed today, or if they're having computer problems? I put in an order yesterday, and while I normally get a confirmation email immediately, and a shipping email the day after, I haven't gotten either yet. I emailed them this morning to see if they've recieved the order, but no response yet.

prkaye said:
Does anybody know if the Vans Webstore is closed today, or if they're having computer problems? I put in an order yesterday, and while I normally get a confirmation email immediately, and a shipping email the day after, I haven't gotten either yet. I emailed them this morning to see if they've recieved the order, but no response yet.
Vans' computers are all steam-powered. Probably all the rain up there has put out the firebox and they're trying to get up a head of steam so they can process all the weekend orders.

Seriously, Van's has some of the the slowest shipping in the industry, and that goes double if you use the web to place the order. Who knows why, but in my experience it adds at least a day, sometimes two, to the time it takes to receive your parts. Usually the only way to order something on Monday and receive it by Friday is to a) call them on the phone, and b) pay a bunch extra for expedited shipping.

There, I feel better now!

Edit: As Steve says in his reply, they are indeed nice to talk to on the phone. :)

mcb

Last edited:
Just talked to them today. Apparently they are extremely busy on Monday mornings... everybody trying to call for replacement parts after the weekend building! It took me a while to actually get someone on the phone but I eventually got them and they were very pleasant and helpful.

I've always had great success with ordering parts... i often put in a web order on sun afternoon, and have parts before thurs of that week. I'm only concerned this time because I didn't get a confirmation email, and I think those are automatically generated.
I think I'll re-submit my order, with a note that it is a duplicate order.