cesimon

I'm New Here
Looking for anyone using Vans capacitive Fuel Senders. I am getting close to wiring up panel and going to use Dynon D-120 need capacitve to voltage converter as I am told by Dynon. Vans has a converter from EI but when I called Vans and inquired about their adapter they knew little about it and referred me to the web site. Want to know of a converter that works from someone with experience using it.

Last edited:
I am not using a Dynon but I am pretty sure you need the same converter I am using for my IK Technologies engine monitor. You need one for each tank and they are about the size and shape of a hocky puck. They come with a BNC lead that goes to your tank, a power, ground, and signal lead. The signal will go to the dynon and you calibrate your set points per the instructions. They are made by a company called Princeton. Converters are listed in Vans web store for $45. I bet they are Princeton also. If not, they do the same thing.

VM1000C with capacitive proves

Hi,

I have the Vans capacitive probes built into the tanks in my RV7 also I have the VM1000C EMS and I'm planning to use the Capacitive probes from VAns= Part Number = IE CAPACITIVE PROBE Price = $60.00

Has anyone installed this convertors (IE P-300C) with the VM100C??
I think the input signal for the fuel level in the VM1000C is between 1 and 5 volts, is this the output signal from this converters??

Thanks for your help,
best flights
[email protected]
www.telefonica.net/web2/rv7e

First off, do a search; there are a number of threads on this topic here on the VAF forum.

The Dynon EMS does require a converter for the Vans Capacitive senders.

There is good news though, Dynon is developing their own converter and they should run about $50 each. They are in beta testing right now and should be on the market by the end of this month (December).

Open the Dynon EFIS Installation Manual and scroll down to Appendix page 5-1, there is a picture of their converter.