joeboisselle

Well Known Member
For some odd reason back in the day, I ordered my wing kit with the optional capacitance fuel senders. So far the only fuel gauge I can find that is capacitance savy, is electronics international's FL-2. This however, does not work with Vans style of senders. I've tried it.
So, those who have gone this route... who's gauge are you using with vans senders and getting it to work?

Thanks!

You want the Electonics International FL-2C guage. I have it in my 6A and it works great with the Vans senders.

Regards

Joe,

I've installed the Dynon converters and a Dynon D10 EMS, which includes the fuel gauges.

All works as advertised.

If you are using a Dynon or GRT EFIS you can buy the converters from Dynon for $50 each.

Dynon converters will work for the GRT ??? That's good. If true, that's about half of what the GRT converters cost.
Roger, Tucson, AZ

Dynon converters will work for the GRT ??? That's good. If true, that's about half of what the GRT converters cost.
Roger, Tucson, AZ

Should clarify that while I bought them for mine I have not turned anything ON yet. However, the converters output 0-5 vdc which is what the EIS is looking for, so no reason they should not work fine.

We are at the stage of installing the probes in our RV-10 tanks. We have the float type on hand, but are planning to order the Skysport/ Westach capacitive probes as we feel they are more accurate. In my Rotorway helicopter I had these probes with a Vision Micro EMS and every time I would key the mike the fuel level would fluctuate. Has anyone had this experience, is this commonplace with capacitive type probes?

Anyone want an rv-4 real cheap?

You want the Electonics International FL-2C guage. I have it in my 6A and it works great with the Vans senders.

Regards

I wired in the the FL-2C yesterday, in any attemps to calibrate it at any fuel level, it wouldn't do a "sensor count". If I grounded the wire from the gauge to the tank to ground it would start counting... a continuity check of the same wire came back negative, like it should. Also, the manual gives a description of error codes, 1 through 5. I got error #6.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to call EI. If I am not mistaken, they have upgraded the FL2C (not sure if they call it that) so that calibration is now unecessary. I have an older model which needed calibration.

Give them a call.

reflect_FL-2.jpg

The FL-2CA will indeed work with the Van's capacitive senders. You need an "IM-CV" interface to connect to the Van's BNC connectors also.

For all you calibration needs call 877-318-6060 Ext 111. Mr. Dave Campbell is the calibration guru here at EI!

:D