Ron B.

Well Known Member
I'm trying to match the Van's baffle material to Aircraft Spruce's part number. I can't seem to find the exact match and this is the material I used on my Supercub . I only want to replace a piece one foot long by 3" so I hate to purchase a kit from Van's. Mine is the standard black. Of coarse my leftover piece is 11" X 6" and I don't want a splice.
Thanks Ron

Van's sells the seal material by itself

I went to the online store for Vans and found this when I did a search for baffle:

Replacement Airseal Fabric
AIRSEAL FABRIC 12X56 more info $41.00

with a more info link to:

Replacement Airseal Fabric
Part Number = AIRSEAL FABRIC 12X56
Price = $41.00
Quantity

I did the same at the ACS site and found this:

T-8071-3 Black Silicone Engine Baffle 1/8"x3"x9'
This is your best option when it comes to replacing those worn out Silicone Engine Baffles the T-8071 & T-95182. FAA approved replacement Engine Baffle. This material is easily identifiable by its textured finish and it is available in a 1/8" thickness. The key component in making this Engine Baffle a superior product is it's 32oz fiberglass reinforcement mat, it also boast a -60 to 550F temperature range.

I have difficulty getting to the hangar right now and I may have thrown all of my scraps away when I moved but if you like I could see if I have 3" x 1' piece laying around and send it to you free.

Bob Axsom

Thanks Bob, I did find the first item you listed from Van's. The second discription says it's 12" X 56" and it's $41. All I need is 12" X 3" but I hate begging it from someone. I was about to place an order from ACS Canada and I was hoping to get the same material. I think the black seal from Van's is about 1/16" to 3/32". It's a lot less than 1/8" for sure. Worst case senario is order what I call a large amount from Van's.
Ron

Like Ron, I too need a small piece of airseal fabric in order to make a flap that will cover all of my exposed FWF electrical misc (relays, limiter, ammeter shunt, etc). I only need a 8"x9" piece max and hate to buy a huge piece from Van's for $41. Any more suggestions on where we can find the same stuff in smaller quantities?

No Luck

On my weekly grocery run today I swung by the hangar and looked through my supplies and I don't have any of the old baffle material anymore. I'm really sorry. After we moved and I started working on the lower cowl baffling I started using the cloth reinforced red material in sheets and rolls. Good luck with your search.

Bob Axsom

baffle material

Like Ron, I too need a small piece of airseal fabric in order to make a flap that will cover all of my exposed FWF electrical misc (relays, limiter, ammeter shunt, etc). I only need a 8"x9" piece max and hate to buy a huge piece from Van's for $41. Any more suggestions on where we can find the same stuff in smaller quantities?

I'll look when I get home tonight. I'm not real happy with the black that's included with the baffling kit. After three years it gets pretty limp and doesn't seal real good.
I'm replacing mine with the 3"x9' red silicone strip available at Acft Spruce for around $18. If I have a sheet of the black left, you can have it.

BAFFLE

I'm trying to match the Van's baffle material to Aircraft Spruce's part number. I can't seem to find the exact match and this is the material I used on my Supercub . I only want to replace a piece one foot long by 3" so I hate to purchase a kit from Van's. Mine is the standard black. Of coarse my leftover piece is 11" X 6" and I don't want a splice.
Thanks Ron

Ron, same as above message. I'll check this evening to see what I have.

Van's black baffle material

Had to buy a complete roll to finish the job so I have some left over.

Ron and Steve, email me your mailling address at "grrrr02 at hotmail dot com" and will ship you the required piece by mail if you aggree to pay for shipping (material is free)

Cheers

Material

I have enough for both of you guys even with a generous size overtrim and it's free, shipping included so let me know if either of you still need any.

Thanks both of you, I sent Remy an e-mail as he's in Canada and it makes shipping easier, maybe.
Ron

Recieved the baffle seal material tonight. Exactly what I needed, thank you very much Remy. As I said previously I'd be glad to pay you for it and hopefully I can in the future. This site is full of great people.
Now if it rains on Saturday I'll have something to do.
Thanks again Remy
Ron

Recieved the baffle seal material tonight. Exactly what I needed, thank you very much Remy. As I said previously I'd be glad to pay you for it and hopefully I can in the future. This site is full of great people.
Now if it rains on Saturday I'll have something to do.
Thanks again Remy
Ron
Mike Reddick did the same for me after Remy also volunteered. Thus, I second Ron's comments! Thanks to both!