YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
I had read enough horror stories that I was dreading the baffles. I'm not sure when Vans updated their kits, but the O-320 Baffle kit I received has been excellent, and the instructions are in the new format (drawings and text together), and very easy to follow. Just about everything fit out of the box with very little trimming required. Would be nice if they included the spark plug wire grommets though.

Definitely still need to pay attention to the details, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Chris

Good to hear!

Maybe they fixed up the dreaded canopy frame as well ... that's my next big hurdle. (one can only hope)

I agree the baffle kit instructions were Class A. When I finished the baffles, I wished ALL the instructions had been as clear, concise, and accurate. Oh well ... Would been less of a challenge then, right? ;)

Congrats, you got the updated kit. The original kit included hand drawn instructions.

The new baffle kit fits the engines so well that I am using one on a non-RV project, and have seen others do the same thing. Saves a lot of time!