RV10inOz

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a copy of the "Van's Aircraft" they can send me by email.

An eps file would be nice but I will take anything I can get, BMP JPG you name it!

I would buy the lettering from Vans, except its Black or White..... not what I need!

The best email to use is db1800 'at' hotmail.com

Thanks! :)

124 views........one PM with an offer to scan a decal.

Am I the only one to ever want this? :confused:

I have been called unique before...:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you gave everyone more info on what you're going to use it for you'd get some help. Or contact Vans to see if they would give you an electronic file of the artwork.

Last edited:
You can pull a pretty good image from the cover of various POH documents published here on the site.

Of course I am not a copyright lawyer. Fly on!

I thought I made it pretty clear ......a logo, in electronic form. ... you know the one you often see on the tail of RV's, it says "Van's Aircraft" with the V being dragged down the length of the word.

They supply them in Black or White for about $7, but if you want to do anything a bit fancy, the $7 option is not any use. Van's say they do not have it, so I winder who cuts the logos for them, they will not be cut by hand thats for sure!

Anyway one RV8 builder here in Oz has said he will scan and email the Toolbox Decal from which we can work from.

Gereed75....... good idea, have seen some without the logo, might look further if need be.

Cheers! :)

if you specify exactly what you want it to look like some1 can make you it on CS4 (photoshop) and save it in any format you want.

I have a 2mb image of the tool box decal........ I can work from that.

Its not real hard when you have some raw material.

Thanks anyway!

I have an EPS file if anyone needs one. This is a vector file that can be used for vinyl cutting.

Marc

Last edited:
This..?

Hi.

Maybe this is what you're looking for?
This is made by a company here in Norway who made this for the tail of my -7. They copied the Vans logo and added RV-7.

When I installed it, I put "RV-7" on top of the Vans logo, instead of below it as seen here.

I probably can get you one in high resolution, just let me know.

logo for lettering

...just my .02 worth, if you want to have someone cut this on a plotter,
you want a vector file, like an Illustrator ( .ai) or coreldraw, or possibly a .pdf based on a vector original. HI resolution is not an issue as it can be scaled to any size without loss of line quality.
It is an unusual font, and not really my all-time favourite, so in the spirit of individuality & homebuilding, why not create your own custom one, with the same look & feel? :)

I edited my post to indicate that it is a vector file . I needed a different colour and size than what Van's is offering so I made this one up . Just thought I would offer it if anyone who is in the same boat . I did make a few changes to suit my eye a little better . I bought a cheap plotter a couple of years ago and it's been a great tool . I design and cut all my own graphics.
Marc

I recieved a Kit today with a Sticker so heres a scan of it

VansLogo.jpg

I can email it if you would like, just shoot me your address
-david

I recieved a Kit today with a Sticker so heres a scan of it

VansLogo.jpg

I can email it if you would like, just shoot me your address
-david

could you send me a copy as well? best would be a very high-res (1200dpi) black/white jpg.
will use that as a base to create a vector outline.

thanks,
bernie