Actually, I think this stuff pre-dates DR

Doug can fill us in on the time line and history, but I believe that this was a Randall Henderson design prior to Doug taking over the site from Randy Lervold. Anyway, still very cool stuff.
Doug?

If I remember correctly...

I believe Randall designed the original VAF logo for the Portland/Northwest RV (or EAA) Fly-in in the early 90's. Van's liked it and asked that they be allowed to modify it for the Van's Air Force logo. I started my RV in '96 and it was already in widespread use and offered for sale by Van's by then.

Definitely pre-dates Doug's site - I had it on my dataplate while Doug was still moderating the Yahoo groups....

Paul

So DR, How about some patches buddy?

The "Original" Vans Airforce Home Wing was Chapter 105 out at Twin Oaks. Most of us still call it the Home Wing. I am not sure who coined the Van's Airforce but I suspect it was that original group. Doug has taken it to a new level and made it the success it is today.

I think there would be a demand for a new DR styled VAF patch! I want one. How about it DR? I'll be the first to place an order. In fact, you could start a whole product line with your hats, tshirts, patches, stickers,....

I'll take one when available

I've been thinking about sewing a VAF patch ($7 at Vans) on my Dickies work shirt. However, an appropriately sized patch with the current VAF logo would be much better.
Doesn't that cafepress.com outfit do this kind of low quantity stuff?