newt

Well Known Member
G'day!

A couple of months ago, The Airplane Geeks podcast mentioned an award Van had won in one of their news spots.

I emailed them to suggest Van as a guest.

A few weeks ago they got back to me and said that he'd agreed to come onto the show, and asked if I'd mind joining in.

"Long time listener, first time caller." I feel very privileged and humbled, having a chance to have a serious discussion about E/AB aircraft with someone of Van's reputation and stature.

Today we recorded the show, and I was delighted to be a small part of a conversation about Vans' roots, experimental aircraft safety, the commitment required to be a builder and the kinds of people who take up the challenge, and all kinds of other topics.

I haven't heard the edit yet (but I sincerely hope we did well for this community), so I'll be looking forward to the release later in the week.

Keep an eye on http://airplanegeeks.com on Wednesday morning.

Cheers,

- mark

thanks for the heads up. they are great bunch of guys with a great podcast. i will let you know if you know if you have a future in podcasting after i listen to the episode. it may take a few days to get the episode posted. :)
D3F5C7C1-9448-4F37-BF8B-8A6D56D750F3.jpg

NIIICE! I listen pretty regularly so I can't wait to hear it.. Let us know when it goes live for sure!

It's a podcast, not a radio show -- You don't have to listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

I have a queue of podcasts I run through in my commute. I'm about half way through this ep now, I'll finish it on the way home from work this afternoon.

- mark

Great show and some nice pieces of information

Was a very good show I thought, and confirmed what many others most likely knew but I had not heard. The market is shrinking and business is not as good as it once was. Hopefully Van's conservative approach to growth keeps the company in business for years to come. Van's theory was some market saturation which does make sense to me.

Last edited:
Interesting listen

Just finished listening. Van really is a wonderful ambassador for experimental aviation.

I'd have to agree. It was a really objective conversation-not only about Van's Aircraft, but all experimentals. I think he all but said he thought the Subsonex was neat, even though it might not be a very economically logical business adventure!