brian257

Well Known Member
Can I get some opinions on the value of an IO-360-B1E mid time core engine with all the accessories still on it. It has had a prop strike so may or may not have a bad crank. A value with a known good crank and a separate value with a known bad crank would be great. BTW, looking to buy, not sell so don't ask to buy it from me.

Thanks.

Value of Core

Can I get some opinions on the value of an IO-360-B1E mid time core engine with all the accessories still on it. It has had a prop strike so may or may not have a bad crank. A value with a known good crank and a separate value with a known bad crank would be great. BTW, looking to buy, not sell so don't ask to buy it from me.

Thanks.

Based on recently shopping for and buying an O540 and still looking for IO-360 here are some observations:

1) The core value of my O540 was $10,000 to the engine rebuild company. If the crank had been bad they would have deducted $5k leave core value at only $5k

2) Another way to look at is, what will you spend to bring an engine with a prop strike up to 0 time ready? It will be a complete rebuild so at least $15k and if a new engine sells for about $25k, that again makes core value of $10k

Good luck. I've been looking at Barn Stormer and most engines in there will need a rebuild and so the net resulting price will barely compete with just buying one from Vans.