n38139

Well Known Member
Anybody have an idea what a flyable RV4 airframe is worth without an engine or radios?

thanks

It depends

Steve, I'd guess anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 for a really nice one.

An inspection would be a definite requirement to check the workmanship and the airframe for damage, such as a wrinkled firewall the -4's are famous for, after hard landings and so on.

Without pictures and a clear description, placing a value is difficult.

Best,

Anybody have an idea what a flyable RV4 airframe is worth without an engine or radios?

thanks

Could be worth very little if workmanship is poor or nothing other than aluminum scrap if workmanship is BAD.

IF it has a Airworthiness Certificate and all paperwork necessary to put it back in the air, then it could be worth a LOT >$20,000 depending on workmanship to someone that needs to replacement RV-4 aircraft.

The big question as you can tell from my statements, is it a project that has never flown or a once flying airplane. Both have different values with Workmanship determining the value if each category.

Aluminum is about $0.70/lb...so bottom of the range could be ~$420. a nice flying RV-4 is $45000.

So there's the range you're looking at. :D

It is an absolutely brutal buyers market at the moment. Our value estimation based on quality, time spent on construction, etc are guides, but are likely very wrong. Its worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. To find out for sure, put it on eBay for $1 with no reserve and see what todays market says.

RV4

I flew it yesterday, it is not a junker,it flies straight with no issues I am just considering removing all the stuff I put in it and selling the engine, prop and airframe by themselves. It has a new Catto prop with 15 hrs, and D3G engine.

Thanks

Last edited: