blueflyer

Well Known Member
I figure Val Avionics is surely at OSH, but I am not. :( Can anyone at OSH tell me what they are asking for their INS 429 and COM 2000?

I just purchased an INS 429 last month. Jim told me he was planning on discounting $200 at OSH and went ahead and gave me the discount (I asked :D). I've installed the unit in place of my analog VSI (still have the Dynon) and it functioned great on a trip from Va Beach to Portsmouth, NH last week. Only complaint is that the display other than the led cross-hair are a bit weak in the sunlight. Probably will be more than sufficient if actually in IFR. The cross-hair led's are plenty bright and the 1 degree accuracy is nice. I was very happy with the unit. I planned on a small writeup for the forum after giving it a bit of run-time.

100 vs 200

I stopped at the VAL booth and was quoted $100 off either unit. Sorry, don't know who the rep was. Also said you could call in and get the discount.
valavionics dot com

thats good news. thanks for the updates. i appreciate it.

I stopped at the VAL booth and was quoted $100 off either unit. Sorry, don't know who the rep was. Also said you could call in and get the discount.
valavionics dot com

Jim is the owner and Craig works for jim in his shop as well as working the three major airshows together. Val avionics is right close to my hangar at KSLE (Salem OREGON). Its a pretty busy shop I must say. Ron