Intermittent in Holland

I had the same issue in Holland last week while on a layover. It would not load the home page when the address was typed in. I did find that if I clicked on a hot link from one of my email updates from VAF it would go to the message thread OK. The problem just seemed to be getting to the home page. Sometime it worked then 10 minutes later it would not.

Cheers

VAF.net hasn't worked for me since late last night. I think it's a terrorist plot to disrupt the world balance.

Same here, the site was down last night starting from about 10pm Pacific Time. Worked this morning, thanksfully. I lost sleep over it.

I have been having the same problem intermittently over the last 2 weeks.

About 15% of the time I get a "this link appears to be broken" message.

I go to a googled cached page and from there I can navigate to the forums???????????????????????:confused:

Last edited:
...Doug takes credit cards via Paypal...

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, however, I am one of those old fashioned guys who don't believe in credit cards. Never had one, never want one. They are the devil's invention.

The site was totally unavailable this morning. I tried pinging the site but got no connectivity. The site pings okay now:

tony@tony-laptop:~$ ping www.vansairforce.com
PING www.vansairforce.com (65.174.201.195) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ftp.vansairforce.com (65.174.201.195): icmp_seq=1 ttl=116 time=140 ms

Last edited:
VAF.net hasn't worked for me since late last night. I think it's a terrorist plot to disrupt the world balance.

Maybe just maintenance stuff <g>. It should be back up (just checked it and it's working OK for me).

BTW, if the front page ever is down you can go directly to the forums by going to www.VAFforums.com (these are on a separate server and independant from the .net site). If I'm asleep and it goes down for any reason, feel free to call the ISP at 1.866.780.4678 and tell the nice person that it's down (that'll get the ball rolling faster than waiting for me to wake up).

b,
d

PS: Sorry for disrupting the world balance <g>.

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey

Drop 20 euros in the post to me and I'll paypal it to Doug via my wife's paypal account.

Mickey, That's an offer I will take you up on. Thanks again. PM me your contact details and I will send you a freshly printed ?20 note. Wo in der Schweiz do you live? I will have to go to Cheseaux later in the year for some training and I plan to visit a friend in Uster near Zurich at that time. I lived and worked in Zurich for a year between 2005 and 2006.

Complete

Mickey, That's an offer I will take you up on. Thanks again. PM me your contact details and I will send you a freshly printed ?20 note. Wo in der Schweiz do you live? I will have to go to Cheseaux later in the year for some training and I plan to visit a friend in Uster near Zurich at that time. I lived and worked in Zurich for a year between 2005 and 2006.
Doug is now about 30 USD richer. :) I'm near Geneva, just about 5 miles NW of the airport. Sort of the wrong direction if you are going to Uster. However, you can probably drop in on Bernie and Alex and see how their 7a is progressing, since they are not far from Uster.

Regards,
Mickey