rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all.

I'm about to pay my yearly dues/donation to VAF, and my company has a donation matching program which I'd like to use if possible (meaning VAF gets twice of whatever I donate).

They do have some criteria for an organization to be eligible for the matching:

"Any U.S. nonprofit organization recognized as a tax-exempt public charity under Sections 501(c)(3) of the IRS code is eligible for a matching gift.

(...)

Please note that all organizations must comply to the following anti-discrimination and anti-bribery clause in order to receive a matching gift:

* My organization does not discriminate on any unlawful basis in either hiring/employment practices or in the administration of programs and services.

* My organization does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in hiring/employment practices.

* This grant will be designated for service programs open to all persons regardless of religion and will not be used for religious instruction.

* I certify that: (i) my organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; (ii) this donation will not negatively impact <redacted>'s current or future ability to do business with my organization; and (iii) this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.
"

So my question is - would VAF qualify? (I assume the second part will be fine, it's the IRS code classification that I have no idea about)

Thanks!
Rodrigo

[ed. Thank you for the kind thought, Rodrigo! However, VansAirForce.net is a for-profit business, so it doesn’t qualify. Thank you for thinking about me, though!!!

Kindest and best,
Doug (and family)….and Moondog. dr]

Last edited by a moderator: