Marc DeGirolamo

Well Known Member
My vacuum pump (Airborne 211cc) went 'south' the other day......Have any of you had any luck in rebuilding your own ? A rebuild kit can be bought for about $130.....or I could purchase a rebuilt pump for ~$200 (core exchange). I'm wondering if it is worth the effort to rebuild or if it is even practical.....The housing (which is not available) does have some very tiny scratches in it.......???

rebuilt

I rebuilt my own under professional supervision! The professional I went to... older than dirt... he said (a manufacturer that begins with R) does not take the time to sand certain spots that make the pump last 1200 hrs instead of 500. I would certainly go with any other brand. Send me a private message and I'll tell you how it went.
150.00 for parts and labor was free. Gotta have a tester... so just buy the rebuilt pump if you can!
Brian Wallis
AP/IA

thanks for the replies.....I have decided to buy a rebuilt one as the cost savings does not justify doing it myself...... :(

btw...I was told by an AME that if you don't take the sharp edge off of the new vanes that the pump will destroy itself in no time....??