pczar3

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi everyone,
I used the search tool and just can't find the answer to this one. I am putting a vacuum system in for the attitude indicator (don't groan... I wanted the redundancy). I will be putting in the new sigma tek pump and wondered what fittings to use on the firewall. I don't see a hose bulkhead fitting for the vacuum type hoses. Any help on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Hi everyone,
I used the search tool and just can't find the answer to this one. I am putting a vacuum system in for the attitude indicator (don't groan... I wanted the redundancy). I will be putting in the new sigma tek pump and wondered what fittings to use on the firewall. I don't see a hose bulkhead fitting for the vacuum type hoses. Any help on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Since vacuum systems are in decline in new installations, you should be able to find lots of hardware available surplus. A place like Wentworth salvage might be able to hook you up with parts salvaged from a certified airplane at reasonable cost.

Every month or so I see someone posting a removed vacuum system for sale to change over to glass. You could search old messages on this forum, Matronics, the EZ/canard forums, etc. Right now there are lots more sellers than builders so someone with an old post might still have the stuff in the hangar.

One method used in...

Hi everyone,
Thanks
Paul

...certified planes is to use the vacuum regulator as a bulkhead pass through.

They are designed for this application...:)

10-03460.jpg

Aircraft Spruce

I bought all my components including the regulator with the bulkhead feed through from Aircraft Spruce.

Bob Axsom

I have an unused regulator and filter in my hangar that I'd be glad to sell. The regulator acts as the firewall pass-through.