JimWoo50

Well Known Member
I intend on using the va-168 manifold from vans to centralize all of my engine instrument senders on the engine side of the firewall. I have four items to be screwed into it oil press. oil temp, fuell press and the switch for the red master on warning lite. Does anybody have advice as to where to put this manifold on the firewall where all of these senders will fit around the motor mount. I was thinking of drilling it to the top angle of the firewall near the pax side but it seems that it would be a tight fit for the senders. Also how does the information such as oil temp and press go from the engine to the senders? Thanks in advance as I am venturing into uncharted territory.

Fuel and oil pressure are sent to the manifold via hoses. The oil temp is sensed off the engine via a temp transducer, so it is not necessary to use the manifold for that. Not sure what you mean about the "red" master on arning switch. If you mean the pressure switch that turns on the hobbs when the engine is started, then that would be screwed into one of the holes with the oil pressure transducer and hose. This is assuming a Lycoming engine. Other engines may or may not be the same.

Here is a photo of where mine is. It is located on the firewall where the forward fuselage rib is attached to the firewall. You can see the blue manifold just behind the blue vacuum hose. I only used two sections of the manifold. There are three, with three ports in each section. One could be used for engine manifold pressure. I used another method.

The plans in the FWF kits, and some accessory kits will have standard diagrams for most of these items.

Hope this helps,

Roberta

oilcooler28rh.jpg