Eduardo

Hello all,

I have a little doubt here regarding the assemby of the this hose on the engine. The hose in question is the VA-136, and the engine to be used is the YIO-320-D1A. I talked with Vans, but they don't have any picture or installation drawings.
Please, does anybody installed this hose, when using this same engine, in a RV-9A? Vans told me this hose would be used to connect the injector divider to the fuel servo. The lenght seems to be ok, but the great problem is the fittings - the divider and the fuel servo has -4 fittings, and the hose has a -6 fittings :confused:

If somebody could post here some pictures of this hose installation, I would be grateful!

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Cheers

You probably will need to have custom hoses built for your specific application. I just got through putting on the 5 different fuel hoses for my IO-320 installation. None of the stock lengths provided by Van's would work for me. I measured the lengths required several different ways and many times and finally came up with the best routings and lengths, along with the right connections (straight, or 90 degree).

I have -6 sized hoses going from firewall to engine fuel pump, then to the fuel totalizer, then to the fuel servo. From the fuel servo to the spider there are -4 sized hoses and also from the fuel purge valve back to the firewall.

Eduardo,
Not exactly the same install but.
I am installing an ECI I0-320 and I bought most of the parts for the Firwall forward from Van's. The list they gave me of parts shows two fuel hoses. VA-138 and VA-136. One is for the firewall to manual fuel pump and the other is for the fuel pump to servo. The #4 hose you mention is provided with the engine and is a #4. At least mine came with the ECI engine. I mounted a Red Cube between the Servo and Spider so I ended up having two new hoses made by Tom @ TS.

Eduardo--
you should run a -4 hose from the servo to the flow divider. Many run this hose through the baffle between cyl's 1&3, and depending on the servo, its around 17 inches. Some run this hose around the rear baffle to the flow divider. Firesleeve this hose.
Tom

Thanks a lot for the information, Bruce, Mark and Tom,

I think the best way to solve the problem would be an specific custom hose, for this application. What I don't understand is why Vans send this hose, once the divider and fuel servo has -4 fittings, and the hose has -6 fittings. It doesn't makes sense! And also, as I've searched, the only application for this hose is to run from the divider to the fuel servo...am I right?

cheers!

Eduardo,
Unless I am not understanding you correctly the VA-136 is a 23" #6 hose. It comes in the FWF kit to be used from the manual pump to the servo. Not from the servo to the spider.

When I ordered my F Fwd kit, I left out all the hoses, knowing I would need custom lengths per previous posters here at VAF. As others said, the #6 hose is from engine-driven pump to servo; the #4 hose is from servo to the spider. Think about where you'll install your fuel flo sensor (red cube or otherwise) before you order the hoses. My red cube is in the line between servo and spider, hence requiring a shorter, custom length hose on each side of the red cube.

Not the hose to the spider

I also used the VA-136 in the FWF kit to connect the engine driven fuel pump (at the back of the engine) to the servo (throttle body). The smaller hose from the servo up to the spider on top of the engine was supplied with the engine.

Good Luck