LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Are the two VA-118-1 brake lines to be ordered separately or do they come with the kit. I can't seem to locate it on my inventory list anywhere (which has all the notes on where I put each item when unpacking) and I don't see them hanging around here at all. If they do come with the kit, could you tell me what page they're on on the inventory list and how they're listed?

If they don't come with the kit, do you recommend their use or do you use an alternative?

Finish kit

They come with the finish kit. I sent mine back for credit. They were longer and heavier than they need to be imho. I went to my local race hose shop (www.bonacoinc.com) and had them fab up some nice light teflon braided hoses of just the right length.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D (747 hours)
http://www.rvproject.com

Thanks. Odd how some of the stuff in the finish kit should be n the fuselage kit. It'd be easier if the fairings and hoses would be in the fuselage kit. But, no big deal, really.

B

Brake lines

Bob, give consideration to the parking brake set up. It is a $95 option with about 4 hours work that could be of significant benefit. I personally talked to two RV owners that incurred damage because they didn't have dual brakes or a parking brake. In one case, a neighbor of mine, had landed and pulled up to a self serve pump. He got out and before he could chalk the tires a just of wind swung the plane around and the wing contacted a concrete pillar protecting the pump. He had leading edge damage to the spar. The other the tail hit something and damaged his glass.

Stay warm up there. Had the windows and doors open to cool the house down with our record 81 degree day :cool:

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ