Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
I need to chase the threads on the top of the reservoir just a bit. Can someone tell me the tap I should get?

Removing the cap took a fair amount of force and getting it started again was difficult and I messed up the top two threads:eek:

Thanks,

The size on the 6 is 1/8" pipe thread. When you go to clean up the threads, grease the tap thick between flutes. You don't want any chips to get into the system.

Last edited:
Hey Tom - -

I believe it is an 8th inch pipe thread on the -12. Afraid to ask what happened !

Success!

Fixed the threads in short order with help from you fellas.

Thanks for the tip on the grease. I applied new grease three times during the process just to be sure. Now I can move on to bleeding the brakes. Hopefully, if any debris dropped into the reservoir the process of bleeding from the bottom up will drive it out.

Life's little victories!

Bleeding probably wouldn't remove debris, but if there was any debris it's likely it will stay there. There isn't any real flow to carry it into the rest of the system. As I recall the tap is on the side so any debris would fall to the bottom and sit below the tap to the cylinders. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Thanks RF,

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I was having a problem at the top of the reservoir not at the bottom. So I was hoping any debris would float up and out when I bleed the brakes!

I finished installing the rear window today and will shortly be moving from my home to the airport (1h0). Lots of fun now!