Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
I have uploaded a software update for the V10 radio to www.MGLAvionics.co.za. This update works through a RS232 serial port and the radio interface program that you can download from our website. This Windows program contains instructions of how to apply the update.

This update adds a setup function allowing the suppression of the sidetone in two stages: Suppress sidetone for TX only and suppress sidetone for all functions (effectively disabling the intercom).
This can be used for systems using a speaker and microphone setup to avoid the speaker from feeding back into the microphone.

The second item updated concerns the operation of RS232 serial port 2. Some commands where not accepted on this port in the past. These missing items have been added.

It is recommended that you only consider updating your V10 if you want to take advantage of any new functionality.

V10 radios with a version number before 030209 (date/month/year) cannot be updated using a serial port. These early radios can only be reprogrammed at the factory, however once this has been done, they can therafter be updated via the serial port.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Ok, it's been at least a month or two - any updates on your nav radio for a full SL-30 replacement?

:D

Questions, questions

And how about the XTreme, still April? Any price yet? And one has to ask, any progress on the secret transponder?

And how about the XTreme, still April? Any price yet? And one has to ask, any progress on the secret transponder?

XTreme is on track. Looks like April is it !
We will only do a full product anouncement shortly before ready to ship.
But the XTreme looks very good. We have a local price which translates into a couple of hundred USD, not sure what oversees prices will end up at (not under my control). This includes a GPS based flight path display (artificial horizon based on GPS only) but external "real" AHRS can be connected as well as any of our RDAC engine monitoring modules.
It's pretty much a complete EFIS but currently with limited navigation functions and no moving map (this may be added in a later software update if there is demand).

Secret transponder ? You know the story - if I would tell you I would have to kill you.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics