129TG

I purchased the slider and windscreen fairings from Britta and wanted to ask if anybody has silkaflexed them onto their canopy and windscreen. I will be silkaflexing my canopy and windscreen soon and wondered if someone had gone there before me. I asked Britta if they knew anyone that had fitted their fairings using this method and they were unaware of anyone using this method. From what I have read bonding to fiberglass is not a problem and it seems doable to me. Pros/Cons?

I purchased the slider and windscreen fairings from Britta and wanted to ask if anybody has silkaflexed them onto their canopy and windscreen. I will be silkaflexing my canopy and windscreen soon and wondered if someone had gone there before me. I asked Britta if they knew anyone that had fitted their fairings using this method and they were unaware of anyone using this method. From what I have read bonding to fiberglass is not a problem and it seems doable to me. Pros/Cons?

I laid up my own one-piece fiberglass canopy skirt, which I eventually bonded to my canopy assembly with Sika. However I also used pulled rivets along the sides into the steel canopy frame, per the plans. I followed Sika's recipe for preparing the surface, using the cleaner and primer. As with everything else I've bonded with Sikaflex, the bond appears to be tenacious. Not flying yet, so take the advice with the usual disclaimers.

Sikaflexing canopy and fairings

My partner and I used Sikaflex to install the canopy and the canopy fairings. Drilled a few holes in both the canopy and fairings to hold them in place with clecos while the Sikaflex setup.