txaviator

Well Known Member
I was wondering what used engine sources are out there? I know there are literally countless numbers of individual engines for sale, but more of a 'buffet style' engine source?

There is a great guy in the DFW area (Weatherford, TX) who owns (owned) Bobby's Planes and Parts. He had hundreds of used engines to choose from, on racks as far as the eye could see. Want an O-320 with 100-hours? No problem. How about one right at TBO (which is obviously less money)? No problem....he had every kind of engine and variation you could ever want.

I called him today and he has recently sold out all of his inventory to a gentleman from out of state- who is not setup for his new business as of yet.

Just curious: do any of you know of a source such as this? Besides the O-320 I originally wanted from him, I am also looking for a source for a Continental O-200.

Thanks for any input. I figure someone on this forum probably has a really good company stored within their favorites folder? I am searching Google now and just thought I would ask around.

Thanks!

Air Salvage of Dallas, Lancaster Airport. Much smaller inventory, but most of their stuff has been test run on a stand. Ask for Lucky. ASOD.com

For parts try EnParts, Lancaster Airport. Google their info. Ask for Eileen.

Also.......

.....Wentworth in Mn. and Atlanta air salvage. Just be sure you get an engine with a fuel pump pad and pump. Engines out of Cessna's don't usually have the correct accessory case, nor pump since they're gravity fed. An extra expense to consider.

Regards,

Bobby's Planes and Parts

Bobby Osborne retired and sold his business to Jerry Buster (J&C Enterprises) of Thomas, OK.

That's interesting...

....since I've done business with Jerry and sold him some Cessna Agwagon parts, which he specializes in........a good guy.

Regards,

Engines . . .

Gary,

I've also heard good things about Wentworth. In fact, I've been there several times in person (as I used to live about an hour away). I've never heard of him mis-representing anything, but I'd do your homework. I almost bought a 195HP O-360 from him (that came out of a Pitts) but decided not to due to one of the cylinders having low compression. I wish i would have bought that engine (as the price was fair).

Ask for a copy of the engine logs and he'll always send them to you if you want. He's also reasonable about providing other accessories that may or may not come on the engine.

Rick