s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
:confused:I have a 7A QB and was wondering if anyone had tips for using ProSeal and the Stewart Warner fuel Senders (Install rubber gasket or just ProSeal, how much to buy if I am only doing the senders etc)
Thanks

I used the rubber gaskets and fuel lube. So far, so good. 175 hours with no problems. I believe some other builders have gone this route, as well.

One of each !

I installed both my senders with just Proseal initially but during the fuel gauge calibration I discovered one sender wasn't working.

I removed the problem sender (not easy because of the proseal), "fixed" the sender and prosealed it back in place. It still didn't work, so I removed it again.

The 3rd time, I installed it with the gasket and fuel lube in case I had to remove it yet again. Of course, this time it worked fine. So far, no leaks on either one. (9 months flying, 140 hrs)

In my -6A I've got the cork gaskets in the end plates, well 'greased' with fuel lube, and the rubber gaskets on the sender plates (fuel lube again). In fact, I had to put in special shoulder washers to isolate the senders electrically (my BMA Engine Pod required an isolated ground). So far, relatively easy to work with and no leaks. I watched a friend nearly destroy his -7A tank trying to remove the senders; he looked at my setup and is reworking his just in case he has to work on them again.