Capflyer

Well Known Member
I would like to install a two USB charging ports in my project. Research has not been kind on finding anything off the shelf that is flush mounted. Other than tearing into some cigarette lighter adapter USB plugs, is there anything out there that can be flush mounted with one or two ports that will put out enough power to charge two Apple devices?

I installed a standard cigarette style receptacle for versatility and then used these dual USB chargers - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054I9HDO/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They are dual port and have sufficient amperage for the Apple devices (2.1A). Plus they are extremely low profile, must people don't realize its a plug in to the standard receptacle, they think its a custom design. Not all of them are this small and some my protrude, but these are definitely the smallest ones I found.

21pbnvq028L.jpg

I installed this yesterday in my panel, it's the one from Stein. It's about as close a flush-mount as I've found.

1000303h.jpg

I installed this yesterday in my panel, it's the one from Stein. It's about as close a flush-mount as I've found.

1000303h.jpg

Just a hint, but if you mount this from behind, it's almost perfectly flush...plus it'll match others for USB data (like the ones provided in the RV12 Skyview kit).

Cheers,
Stein

stein air,

you need to put just the bare port on you web page. L-com wants more than 2x the cost of the port just for shipping. I am adding one for data, and would have just added it to my order when I ordered my connectors. lucky, I found another parts house that I needed to order some stuff from anyway the stocks L-com.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

stein air,

you need to put just the bare port on you web page. L-com wants more than 2x the cost of the port just for shipping. I am adding one for data, and would have just added it to my order when I ordered my connectors. lucky, I found another parts house that I needed to order some stuff from anyway the stocks L-com.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Thanks for the suggestion...we do keep the standard data ports in stock (as we provide them for the RV12 and other OEM harnesses/installs), but hadn't listed them on the website because I didn't realize there was a demand (me being stupid again)! :)

We'll try to get them on there this week.

Cheers,
Stein