madmaveric

Well Known Member
I was informed two weeks ago that the container my kit was in has been 'selected for customs examination' in the US while on it's way to the UK.

A couple of days ago I asked if there was any more information on it and the handling agent simply said they have no more information at this time.

I'm slightly concerned that it has now been two weeks and I have no idea where the kit is or what is happening with it.

Has anyone else had the container their kit was in examined by US customs?
Does anyone know how long this might take before it is released?

Wow that is unusual.

Have you checked with your shipping agent, surely they would be responsible for ensuring that your kit leaves the USA and would also have the best idea of its current location / status?

Cheers

Stop?

Did it stop along the way? Unloaded / re-loaded? Sometimes that triggers an inspection.

Make sure your shipping agent on your end is pulling on it. It has to be pushed in and pulled out.

I'm not sure if it was stopped on route or where it was loaded as the only info I had was the ship name (Not sure where it was scheduled to be loaded).

I was just wondering how long these things can take. Is 2 weeks a long time for this, could I be waiting months? I would have expected it to only be a few days but then I have no idea how the Customs work in the US.

The only contact I have outside of Vans is the US shipping agent (Geo. S. Bush & Co.) who says they have no more info at the moment. I can't get it 'pulled' from this end as I don't know who will be handling it this side :(

Unfortunately the time can vary. The company I work for imports military equipment for sale to the major Defense Primes and the USG and manufactures military equipment which we export. We have had US Customs pull some shipments to inspect and in one case it took over a year for us to get it released even though there were no violations etc.

Hopefully since this is not military related they will release it soon!

For anyone else in this situation I thought I should provide an update.

The original shipping date was the 13 July and the new Date is set for 11 August so just under a month delay with customs. I have no idea what they did for a month with it but at least it looks like it will be on it's way soon.

Last edited: