DOX8

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a U.S. airport of entry around the Detroit area? I am starting to plan my first international flight into Canada. My flight will be from central Indiana into Ontario. Its seems relatively simple to get into to Canada but I'm not sure about coming back into the U.S. Most of the airports show hours during the week but are there any custom offices open on Sundays?

Call up Detroit Customs and ask them what outlining airports they service as Landing Rights and if they would accommodate you.

Metcalfe Field, Toledo Executive KTDZ. The phone number for Customs is
419-259-6424. The agents work KTOL and KTDZ. Typically if you want to go on the weekend you have to call during working hours on Friday and make an appointment. Ask them for a cell number in case plans change.
I have been to many US ports of entry and these officers are the best, polite, interested, on time and with no attitude.

Michigan

KDET detroit city is pretty good. Really run down but no problem as long as customs notified well in advance.

KPTK pontiac is much nicer, great fbo etc, but they CHARGE for weekend call outs.

Toledo executive is excellent I have been told but never tried.

Like Tom said, KTDZ is great. Instant turn around and never have to get out of the plane. Nicest and most professional agents. Call Toledo office for arranging a time, 24/7.