jhdiehl7

I'm New Here
I have just purchased a “new to me” RV-14a and I am required per the contract to have the aircraft out of the sellers hanger by end of day tomorrow (Tuesday July 2nd). Is anyone in Florida that can help me move the aircraft, as well as reach the 5 hour minimum requirement for insurance and also give me my high performance at the same time? Trust me… I know it’s a LOT to ask on such short notice. The aircraft is located at KFXE Ft. Lauderdale Executive . Thank you!!

Have you tried Greg Ramola in Orlando?

I have just purchased a “new to me” RV-14a and I am required per the contract to have the aircraft out of the sellers hanger by end of day tomorrow (Tuesday July 2nd). Is anyone in Florida that can help me move the aircraft, as well as reach the 5 hour minimum requirement for insurance and also give me my high performance at the same time? Trust me… I know it’s a LOT to ask on such short notice. The aircraft is located at KFXE Ft. Lauderdale Executive . Thank you!!
Wow, this is a ‘push’. I presume you don’t wish to fly uninsured. At this late date it may not be possible to get anyone else’s name on the insurance before tomorrow, unless there’s already a provision for this. What does your insurance contract say? Common language would be along the lines of “…5 hours dual instruction given by a CFI with a minimum of 25 hours PIC in an RV-14a…”. You may need a tie-down at KFXE for a few days. Where are you moving to? Get the plane moved, worry about your own checkout and HP endorsement later.

In my case AIG said the CFI for transition training would need 25 hours RV-14A time but they added him as a "named pilot" even though he has only 2 hours RV-14A time, he has extensive experience in other RVs. Just had to ask the broker.