Skint

Well Known Member
I would like input regarding upholstery, suppliers, and cloth/ leather. Seems there are a lot of choices I my aging bum would appreciate comfy seats!

oregon aero

Mine are trimmed in leather but thats neither here not there.

My Wife and I can do 6 hour trips in almost perfect comfort..Spendy but highly recommended.

Frank

Classic Aero Ultraleather

I recently got my RV-8 seats from Classic Aero. They are upholstered with a synthetic material called Ultraleather. It is very soft and comfortable. I'm not flying yet, but I have spent quite a bit of time in the seats as I work on the wiring in my cockpit. The seats are as comfortable as the leather seats in my wife's Volvo S80.

Last edited:
I'd like to know, what is a good place to aquire materials for a do-it-yourself interior? Is there a place with a good online catalogue with aviation-grade 'stuff'?

Upholstery Supplies

This company has a few products that meet FAR 25.853b,
many that meet Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 302, and marine standards.
I have purchased several times from them and have been very satisfied.

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/

These folks...

I'd like to know, what is a good place to aquire materials for a do-it-yourself interior? Is there a place with a good online catalogue with aviation-grade 'stuff'?

...sell FAA approved stuff for certified aircraft. Mainly entire interior kits, but they do sell yard goods.

http://www.airtexinteriors.com/catalogue/upholstery.htm

Their contact cement is the best I've used, even better than the 3M Super Weather Strip stuff.

Last edited:
We are very happy with

our Classic Aero Aviator interior. $$ but worth every penny. I was at first a little concerned about the comfor foam, but it is really the best. Only squawk is that the belts are kinda tight when first put on, but as the foam conforms to my backside, all forms into place. I really like the ultra leather interior. Had the interior panels perforated for some breathabilty. Would certainly do it again.

40 hours flown off yesterday! YEAH!:)