Brantel

Well Known Member
Anyone get there older style RV7 rudder replaced without having to purchase another kit first? I just requested mine to be upgraded and they will not send it until I purchase the wing. What gives?

Just my opinion, but I suspect their profit margin is the motivation. The parts for the new rudder probably cost them $150-$200, and they're providing them to you for free. That's probably most of the profit on an empennage kit. If they wait until you buy the wings, then they take a much smaller loss percentage wise, they can save on shipping by including it with your wing kit, and they can be reasonably certain that you're going to buy fuselage and finish kits in the future.

PJ

I don't know the exact number, but there are a lot of EMP's out there that will never see the back of a fuse, so I don't blame them for not shipping stand alone. I never ordered the new rudder, but it was in the Fuse box when it arrived...
Larry

Just a me too. My rudder was included with my fuselage kit. May or may not get around to building it since there are a lot of '7s flying with the old rudder. Mine was going to be replaced so I volunteered it for use by a body shop profesional to paint at one of our EAA meetings. It now has a very pretty coat of PPG Concept white on it :)

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A Slider, bending longerons.

I didn't get one with my fuse! :(

Hmmm I have the old rudder and I didn't get the updated on with my fuse kit!

bummer! I'm certain I'll get it with the finish kit.

I seem to remember Van's saying somethng about the replacment rudders going to those who are closest to flying first.