jcbarnes1

Racing for the rest of us continues for AUGUST..

As usual, fun starts with Friday arrivals, a great dinner and comraderie, a Saturday brief and Race, lunch and awards. You can sign up at www.sportairrace.org --> Races

Aug 9 Indy Air Race KTYQ, Indianapolis Indiana

Aug 16 Pappy Boyington Memorial Cup (PBMC), KCOE, Coeur d'Alene Idaho
GREAT RACE SPORTSWEAR ... see below

Aug 23 MERFI Air Race, I74 Urbana OH. Run in conjunction with the Mid Eastern Regional Fly In.

ALERT::: LATE and LAST MINUTE NOTICE - Contact Brent Travis TODAY !
Here is Brent's email to SARL, contact info on bottom, and yeah, I know it is way past July 10...

And its not a Nike shirt this year, it will be a Vigor shirt. It is a very special hi-end golf shirt I wear to work and special flying events. Has the stunning PBMC logo of TWO F4Us cranking around the Ranger Station turn. Of course, the whole line has this logo... I'll try to upload the logo PDF (I don't know how to work this forum!). You don't have to race to wear these shirts ... You'll support our Race Directors and look cool too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> from Brent's email

Racers:
Last year Jeff Barnes twisted my arm and got me to make him a polo shirt with the PBMC logo on the back. The logo is two F4U corsairs going around turn 7, a fire lookout tower on top of Spades Mountain. We are going to do the same thing this year, and I thought I would see if there was any interest by the larger SARL group in getting one of these shirts. The shirt I have in mind is a nice Nike dri fit golf shirt in Navy Blue. It will only be printed on the back with a yellow and white logo. You can have our fearless leader (that would be Mike Thompson) embroider your name and the SARL logo onto the front.
I have attached the proof to this post. It looks better in real life than it does on the proof.
I have noticed that the T-shirts are popular, and I spotted a couple of them in Reno Air Race pictures I have seen from last year. This year I am also going to do some long sleeve T's and sweatshirts. They are very comfortable up here for three seasons of the year.
If you come to the race, Pilot and Copilot get a T-Shirt. If you want extras, or you would like to get some of the upscale shirts, here is pricing:

T-shirt: $15
Long Sleeve T: $18
Sweatshirt: $20.00
Really Nice Nike Polo: $65.00

Let me know what type and how many you would like by July 10 so I can get the order in. Also, if you are planning to race, send me an email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Holy Cow, I meant AUGUST for these races

Hi Folks, I'm a month OFF !

The Race Dates are in AUGUST, not September:

Aug 9th, Indy Air Race, Indiannapolis KTYQ
Aug 16th, Pappy Boyington Memorial Cup, Couer d'Alene ID KCOE
Aug 23rd, MERFI Air Race, Mid-Eastern Regional Flyin, Urbana OH I74

You can sign up later, but Brent Travis needs shirt orders in today - sorry about late notice !