Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
I just got my fuel caps engraved by Bill, at Up North Aviation http://www.upnorthaviation.com/fuel-cap-engraving.html and am very pleased with the work, and the service I received from them.

Turn around time was right at a week, and that is over the 4th of July holiday.

Nice addition to the new paint job------way nicer than the original stick on fuel info tags.

Money well spent IMHO.

Another great job by Bill @ Up North Aviation.
Ordered fuel caps engraved on a Wednesday, shipped on Friday and I received them in Florida on Monday.
They look good.
72y99c.jpg

Last edited:
I Second That

I had great service from Bill at Up North Aviation also when I had my panel CNC machined. I was interested in nice clean cuts around instruments like my Gemini PFD where the edges are very visible. I didn't want wavy edges or gaps that I would notice forever and I don't have the punches needed for standard cutouts so I opted not to cut the panel myself. I found Up North Aviation here on the forums and I contacted Bill by email with a preliminary CAD file in .dxf format that showed my layout. He gave me some good advice on the layout so I sent him my blank panel and followed up a few days later with a final CAD file. Bill cut the panel and shipped it back to me within a couple of days. It looked great and I was able to load up my instruments without a hitch. I wouldn't hesitate to use Up North Aviation again.

dsc_3783small.jpg