Ted Johns

Well Known Member
First: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Second: No, not those attitudes. If you want to fly upside down I can't help you. :)

This thread is about unusual maintenance attitudes. The kind where Alfred E. Neuman's "What, Me Worry?" attitude meets aircraft construction / maintenance.

Something Walt posted on another thread really touched a nerve with me. Enough so that I created my first new thread.

Walt said:
...this is a serious business and aircraft maintenance is not to be taken lightly.
and
...this means doing the necessary research from manufacturers to have the latest information available on maintaining the product.

Spot on!

RV's are experimental, OBAM aircraft. ADs and SBs are not going to drop into your email inbox like manna from heaven. They should be aggressively sought out at each annual. You are the manufacturer!
Words to this effect should be posted in 40 point type on the front of your annual checklist / maintenance manual.

Construction concerns are no different, they should be fully understood before proceeding.

Yeah, like most safety threads, I suspect I'm preaching to the choir here.

Sorry for the rant. :eek:

Looking forward to the next post along the lines of: "I shaved down the spar with an ax, and now it fits just fine. But there are a few deep burrs. Should I leave 'em, or polish them out?" :D