alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
My Icom A210 manual calls for shielded wire on all audio connections. My Dynon, however, provides 2 unshielded wires for aural warnings which I was planning to just plug into the auxiliary audio pins of my A210. Any problem with doing that?

Thanks.

Steve,

You should not have any problems with the unshielded wires from the Dynon.

Mine are all unshielded, in fact, my Sigtronics intercom comes with unshielded wires and I have had no problem with that, despite what Stein might have to say on the subject. ;)

No problem Steve.

I have always wondered why more builders don?t use the Sigtronics. The Sigtronics 200S is the only intercom I have used and it works well enough, even with the iPod.

I would like to do a side-by-side comparison of some of the two place intercoms, or at least read a non-biased article on them.

Stein, this might be a topic for a good Kit Planes article.

unshielded OK to the Sigtronics

Steve,
I have the same exact setup as Bill does. As a matter of fact, I believe I advised Bill on the same issue a while back when we spoke about balancing inputs on the A210. I have had no issues with the unshielded wires for the audio inputs, and was careful to keep them out of parallel routing with other higher current carrying wiring. The Sigtronics A200s and A210 radio really works great in my plane, and I too have an IPOD feeding the intercom. I have no noise issues at all.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for the confirmation Chris. Sounds like I'm good to go. I assume you guys used the resistor that Dynon calls for between the Dynon and the ICOM?

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation Chris. Sounds like I'm good to go. I assume you guys used the resistor that Dynon calls for between the Dynon and the ICOM?
I did not install the resistor but then I have an A200, not the A210.

I have been flying for over 200 hours and never felt like the resistor was needed. If you want, install a variable resistor, that way you can adjust it, if needed.

200/210

That's right Bill, Original comm in my plane was an Icom 200, and I later updated it to a 210. I Like the 210, despite the somewhat bad press lately. Sigtronics intercom is great, and I am totally pleased with performance.

Regards,
Chris

Chris,

It is good to hear you like the 210. Like you, I would like to replace my 200 with one but that will be some time in the future.

It looks to be a good solid radio and they continue to improve it.