Checkairman

I'm New Here
Hello. I am new to the world of Vans. I was wondering if there was one operational checklist that everyone uses that is available to download and if so, does this checklist cover a variety of models. For normal procedures like before takeoff, etc. and emergency procedures like an engine out, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'd expect that since each individual airplane has its own unique features and equipment, that every one would also have their own checklists.

Dave

And whilst we all covet our RVs as "special", in checklist terms I cannot think of any RV "feature" that would be a checklist item any different from any other Lycoming GA aircraft?

Dan, Welcome Aboard the good ship VAF.

I can send you a copy of my RV-6 POH if you would like to take a look. As David and Andy have already stated, it's not much different than any other POH I have used.

ps You create your own while completing your build project. Then, you make modifications to it while in Phase 2 testing (and sometimes even after testing)

Last edited:
I CAN think of numerous items that could be different. For instance:

Dual electric fuel pumps, no mechanical pump.
A "must" have tank with 100LL for TO and landing.
Use of purge valve when starting.
CS or NON CS prop.
FI or Carb (method of priming for starting)
Mag checking EI Ignitions of all the different varieties.
Avionics master (does it exist?)
What is this E-bus thingy anyway??

Know your machine and write your own check list.
Sure, cut and paste but know your machine.

RV-10's a very different

Two VERY different and important items on the -10's are:

1) Doors locked and double-checked. (4 airplanes have lost doors in flight).

2) Elevator trim checked and set for takeoff. (Taking off with landing trim can be fatal).

Best,