cytoxin

Well Known Member
well im on my second UMA vertical speed indicator :mad: the first on was showing a 1500 fpm climb. the second one is at 150 fpm dive:mad: should i just give up on UMA seems like junk to me.

note: these have never been installed and are new out of the box from vans. i removed the little red plug in the back no change. instructions say to send in for service. :rolleyes:

gil

i was using this to back up the two dynons i may just not use one at all. the united looks much nicer but i notice on the page a tiny screw in the bottom left corner. is that for adj?

hmmmmm

Yes, that is used to calibrate to zero.

should i or is this a warranty voiding type deal. as it has sat all day in my shop with the red plug removed from the port it now reads 0 but if i pick it up and give it a light tap it goes to 100 fpm dive indication.

Pilots...

should i or is this a warranty voiding type deal. as it has sat all day in my shop with the red plug removed from the port it now reads 0 but if i pick it up and give it a light tap it goes to 100 fpm dive indication.

If it's on the front and not under a "sticky seal label", it obviously must be a pilot adjustable item...:D

gil A