Alschief

Well Known Member
Received the engine mount today from the vendor.
We will do a fire wall fit Wednesday and post a picture or two.
The Engine has been delayed for one week to perform a factory modification to a oil supply line.
Expect the engine to ship next week.

UL Engine Mount

This is the first integration of the mount. We have another Mount design that is closer to the firewall. The engine weight is very low.
This allows more access to the rear area, than some of the other engine choices. We could move it back 6 to 8 inches if the CG is too far forward.

Up sized the 1/4"return fuel line to a 5/16 th" to minimize the DP as recommended by UL Power.

The MGL EMS can use the Fuel PWM output from the computer for fuel consumption, eliminating the need for two fuel flow transmitters

Last edited:
Let the debate begin

Its winter after all and we are just a little crazy right now. So I just Got to ask!
Rules of engagement, Let be gentlemen and civil!

Ok,
1. What is the weight of the engine when it comes out of the box?
2. Which horse power did you buy?
3. What is the fuel burn going to be at full power or (where did we get this one from) WOT?
4 What will the fuel burn be at 75% power?
5 What kind of prop are you going to use? :confused:

This is the first integration of the mount. We have another Mount design that is closer to the firewall. The engine weight is very low.
This allows more access to the rear area, than some of the other engine choices. We could move it back 6 to 8 inches if the CG is too far forward.

Up sized the 1/4"return fuel line to a 5/16 th" to minimize the DP as recommended by UL Power.

The MGL EMS can use the Fuel PWM output from the computer for fuel consumption, eliminating the need for two fuel flow transmitters

Great Thanks Al, I see the Zenith has the Engine well forward in their Ch 601 Installation so perhaps Engine weight versus W & B may not be the Headache I was comtemplating! Keep up the Great work there!

Ul Engine Mount

Its winter after all and we are just a little crazy right now. So I just Got to ask!
Rules of engagement, Let be gentlemen and civil!

Ok,
1. What is the weight of the engine when it comes out of the box?
2. Which horse power did you buy?
3. What is the fuel burn going to be at full power or (where did we get this one from) WOT?
4 What will the fuel burn be at 75% power?
5 What kind of prop are you going to use? :confused:

Here is a link to the specs for the 107 HP engine.
It has the weights, Fuel consumption and other usable data.

http://www.ulpower.com/engines/ul260iS/fuel-consumption.html

I am not sure which propeller we will be using at this time.
There are several manufacture?s that could supply a good matched unit.