Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Made an error on one of the C-617 blocks and need to redo. I cannot get UHMW locally. What other material will be OK here. This is one of the tip-up canopy blocks where it hinges. Thanks.

I could also make a dummy block from other material and swop for the real one while I wait for the replacement to finish it's world tour on it's way to me :eek:

Made an error on one of the C-617 blocks and need to redo. I cannot get UHMW locally. What other material will be OK here. This is one of the tip-up canopy blocks where it hinges. Thanks.

I could also make a dummy block from other material and swop for the real one while I wait for the replacement to finish it's world tour on it's way to me :eek:

What about Acetal (Delrin) Plastic?

Got it

Phoned around and actually found exactly the same material about 40 minutes driving away from me. At the huge price of about $1.00 for the block. :D
Thanks for the help as well.

Hallo Jan

Had to do something similar on the flap actuator block. Maizey's plastics, poly-ethylene. What tools do you have to machine? I tried to redrill with drill press but the finish was not pretty. In the end had it routered.

Regards
Pieter

Pieter,
On the canopy hinge block that I had to redo it was only a few holes. They have cut the block on size so I did not have to trim.