"I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."

-Dick Feynman

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said an O'Hare controller.

UFO? how do you prime that?

jcoloccia said:
Did anyone happen to notice if it was a -51 or a -51A?

To heck with where the other wheel went, what kind of primer was on it?

slider/tandem

rv8eh said:
To heck with where the other wheel went, what kind of primer was on it?

I'm sure if it was real intelligent life from another planet it had a slider and tandem seating.... :D :p

Humvee27 said:
I'm sure if it was real intelligent life from another planet it had a slider and tandem seating.... :D :p

The people who saw it said it sounded like a Lycoming........Hmmmm

captainron said:
The people who saw it said it sounded like a Lycoming........Hmmmm

You know how you used to sit in the plane and make aircraft sounds? Theirs just sound more realistic! j/k :D

Last edited:
No holding fuel

Observers reported that it disappeared into the clouds so it MUST have been an IFR flight. Can you imagine flying 7 million light years IFR to O'Hare and not having sufficient holding fuel or an alternate. I mean, how intelligent is that !!!

Last edited:
Perhaps this is a hoax by Crazy Daley to justify the closure of another Chicago airport?

The UFO is back

The UFO is back, and it's playing chicken with helicopters in Wales.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-Police-helicopter-close-encounter-UFO.html

article-1027990-01AEEEDE00000578-492_468x346.jpg

Can't be advanced intelligence. No one in their right mind connects through O'Hare in the summer when convective SIGMETS abound.

Operating Limitations Violation?

If it was an RV-51 maybe he was flying off his first 40 light years.

:)
He couldn't land at O'Hare because it wasn't listed in his Phase I limitations. However it does appear that he violated the limitation that states, "All flight testing must be done outside of Class B airspace."