texdog

Well Known Member
I received the add on for the UAT. Very easy to install, can’t really do it wrong. There is a video along with written instructions on the whole installation. I’ve downloaded the files, followed the instructions and tried to get a complete download 4 times with no success. I am using a IPad, which the video says is acceptable. Has anyone had success with an Apple phone or iPad, I tried both? UAvionics said if I took the unit out and sent it to them they would do it for me. The problem is the airplane is built around the unit and it is hard to get to. Any ideas. Thanks

I've had alot better success updating firmware on the Echo UAT with a laptop. The iphone interface has always been buggy for me. I haven't tried the latest upgrade yet.

I received the add on for the UAT. Very easy to install, can’t really do it wrong. There is a video along with written instructions on the whole installation. I’ve downloaded the files, followed the instructions and tried to get a complete download 4 times with no success. I am using a IPad, which the video says is acceptable. Has anyone had success with an Apple phone or iPad, I tried both? UAvionics said if I took the unit out and sent it to them they would do it for me. The problem is the airplane is built around the unit and it is hard to get to. Any ideas. Thanks
Not sure if you are having a problem with downloading too your ipad or installing from your ipad. My experience with laptop the first updated file installed no problem. However the second would not install. I then deleted both update files from my laptop then re-downloaded. I was then able to install the second update file. Nice clean reports now with no BaroAlt failures. YMMV

Thank you for the help. We tried to update 1and 2 today with an iPad and a PC. No luck, so tomorrow I will remove the ECHO box and send it to uAvionix and see if they can update it. I have over 2 hours on the tach and an hour on the phone and it still doesn’t work. I tried going back to the old software and still no luck. It’s going to be two hours to remove the ECHO box. I will let you know how it comes out.