Hello,

what kind of temperature probe does the EDC-D10A uses for the OAT sensing? I need to wire up the D10A and have access to different temperature sensors.

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas,

Check the Dynon web site. You can download the manual there and it will list the OAT probe you need. BTW, depending on how you wire your Dynon's up, you can use one of two probes. That's why I point you to the manual. One probe connects to the EFIS and a different one to the remote compass unit, IIRC.

Dynon's OAT's are a custom made part. It's a thermistor resistor between ground and the sense wire, with a 10K resistor from sense to +5V.

The thermistor is 10Kohm @ 25C, with a .25% tolerance, -4.39%/C alpha @25C, and a 3892 0C/50C beta.

Dynon's OAT's are a custom made part. It's a thermistor resistor between ground and the sense wire, with a 10K resistor from sense to +5V.

The thermistor is 10Kohm @ 25C, with a .25% tolerance, -4.39%/C alpha @25C, and a 3892 0C/50C beta.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like we don't have one of those lying around. Ordered the OAT probe from the german distributor (after the OK from my boss).

Thomas