mannanj

Well Known Member
Wife and I hope to fly out to visit my Son and his family who lives in North Ft. Worth a couple of miles N.E. of 820 and 35W a couple of days before Christmas. All weather permitting, of course.

Figured Hicks (T67) would probalbly the closest RV friendly airport. Any caveats? Probably only be there one or two nights, as I will be flying down to Lockhart to be with my daughters for the actual Christmas Holliday.

Appreciate any help on this topic.
Thanks

Mannan Thomason
RV-8 Slo Build N161RL (No. One Girl)
200 hp Angle Valve Grin Producing Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hicks

Anyone have any advice for a stranger flying an RV in from the East to
T67-Hicks in Ft. Worth??????
Thanks!

Mannan Thomason
RV-8 N161RL

Prepare to Be Assimilated!!

T67???

"Resistance is Futile!!!"

"Captain, There be RV's Here!!" ;)

RV Flying to Hicks

If you're coming in from the East, either go around DFW Class B to the North or get flight following. They put you over the top of DFW quite frequently.

We had an 8 arrive from Georgia that thought he navigated below the Class B floor until he called Alliance tower (AFW) to transition to Hicks. He had to make the dreaded call to explain his actions.

Lots of RV's at Hicks and nearby Northwest Regional (52F). There are tie-downs at Hicks in the grass but the ramp parking is very limited and only a couple spots have tie-downs.

Lockhart

Flyrod:

Lived in Austin and Lockhart for nearly 10 years. Knew John Gladder well. I've even flown in the back seat of your airplane!!! I'm sure you're giving it a good home.

Mannan Thomason
RV-8 N161RL Over 55hrs now!

Gladders Gal

Mannan,

Hey that?s great. The plane is very nice. I never had the pleasure of meeting John, but I feel I am getting to know him as I learn more about the plane and talk to the people he dealt with. He apparently had many ratings and was a good pilot/ instructor. Although I don?t have the experience he did, we do think alike when it comes to avionics. When I saw the panel of Gladders Gal, I was very attracted to the plane. There is very little I would have changed if I had built it myself.

I have had the plane for a grand total of three weeks, but now have to go to work for a while. Cant wait to return for some more flight time. :rolleyes: