pvalovich

Well Known Member
-8A; 1 Slick Mag; 1 Lightspeed; AeroConnection Z13/8.

Lightspeed Question: P.17 of Lightspeed Manual sez to connect the center wire from the breaker to + batt term and the shield to the neg batt term. I want to connect them to the batt bus and cold side of a B&C firewall penetration ground tab. Has anyone encountered issues by not adhering to the manuals "Connecting power directly to the battery is best for reliability and to minimize radio noise" statement?

SD8 Power Distribution Diagram / Z13/8 Delta: The B&C Power Distribution diagram shows a wire from the controller tied to the yellow OV module wire and to the SD8 on-off sw, then to a 2a CB and finally to the pwr dist bus. The Z13/8 diagram shows the on-off sw off the black OV wire / Aux alt cb wire, then to gnd. Bottom line: the Z13/8 shows only 1 wire connecting to the main power bus through the battery contactor, while the Power Distribution diagram shows 2 wires from the controller to the bus.

There's probably a logical "They're the same functionality" explanation, but I can't figure it out. What am I missing?