ccsmith51

Well Known Member
1) Is there a way to search the forum for multiple words? That is, for a combination of words? I wanted to find posts with both words "interior paint." But I get posts that have interior, and posts that have paint. I'm sure that some have interior paint but it could take hours of reading to find those.

2) I'd like to do some touch-up on the interior of my plane. But I don't want to go through the trouble of masking everything off so that I can spray. What can I use that I can brush on?

Thanks,

Whats on there now?

Based on what's in there now, you have a few options. Many (As have I) used the water based Jetflex that is the standard for many production airliners. If that's what is in there now, some other paint types will not be compatible , and can cause peeling. I do the touch up on my Jetflex with a small foam trim roller and soft artist brushes. Cant even tell where I have painted most of the time. If you have urethane or enamel in the plane now, the roller and brush should also work, but you may need to thin it a little bit. The key is the super smooth foam roller, which can be cut down to a very small size if needed. The big box stores carry them for dirt cheap.

Searching . . . .

I use google to search VAF.

use this in the google search box:

site:vansairforce.com interior paint

this yields interior and/or paint.

site:vansairforce.com "interior paint" will find only the two words together

1) Is there a way to search the forum for multiple words? That is, for a combination of words? I wanted to find posts with both words "interior paint." But I get posts that have interior, and posts that have paint. I'm sure that some have interior paint but it could take hours of reading to find those.

2) I'd like to do some touch-up on the interior of my plane. But I don't want to go through the trouble of masking everything off so that I can spray. What can I use that I can brush on?

Thanks,

I have the same search question. Must be a way but my limited forum experience can't find it...:)

I was thinking about spraying some of the interior paint (SW in my case) into a small container and brushing it on (after surface prep, of course). I haven't tried it but it's worked for other touch up projects.

exterior application as well

..a small foam trim roller and soft artist brushes... should also work, but you may need to thin it a little bit. The key is the super smooth foam roller, which can be cut down to a very small size if needed...

Wish I'd thought of this last week; had to touch up an elevator after a @#%^&* bird pooped on it.

Placing the words/phrase inside quotation marks generally forces that exact sequence in most search engines.