pmccoy

Well Known Member
As I close up the bottom wing skins I was wondering if people are installing the tie down loops with sealant, or leaving them temporary with some sort of cover for the whole in the bottom of the wing?

Also, when do you rivet the arm rests into the fuselage. I have looked through the instructions a couple of times, and I can't find the place they tell you to install them. I just finished installed the fuselage floor, so it seems like now would be the time?

I left my tiedown rings removable. I've only had to install them a few times. I haven't messed with covering the holes yet.

Rivet on the arm rests any ol' time.

My tiedown rings...

.....stay in the side pocket until they're needed, since my airplane's hangared...drag, y'know:)

Regards,

Thanks for the quick response guys. I will leave the tie downs off, and rivet the arm rests on.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I will leave the tie downs off, and rivet the arm rests on.

Those tie downs rust pretty quick. Several of us around 52F dip the non-threaded part in that 'liquid screwdriver handle' stuff you can get at Home Depot. One version is Plasti-Dip. Seals them up really good and you can get it in red, black, blue, yellow and white.

I left mine removable (small speed gain).

b,
dr

Last edited:
I put mine in a couple mos ago and haven't removed them since. (I just keep forgetting to.) My are chrome so no rust.

no arm rests in mine.

edit-- on my 7a I've left those tie down rings in too and they ARE rusting. although i'm not sure this is what you're asking.

Last edited: