tim2542

Well Known Member
I have a pair of GRT HS units and have two issues I need help with.
1. I cannot dim the PFD. From the either units LH knob I can dim the MFD, but nothing I have tried will dim the PFD. The screen is not locked, and I have tried different interlink settings.
2. The MFD displays true airspeed 2-3 kts higher than the PFD. IAS is the same on both units. I believe the PFD is more accurate.
Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks, Tim

It just occurred to me I never ran the TAS calibration routine on the MFD. I assumed doing it on the PFD would transfer to the MFD. So I'll check that next.
Still looking for ideas on the dimmer.
Tim

1. Dimming signals are normally sent through the interdisplay link so both respond to either dimming knob.

My assumption is that there is a difference in the PFD setup that is telling the PFD to ignore the dimming knob. Check programming or wiring of PFD in relation to analog inputs. On the WS, that is how one connects a display to external dimming control.

Even of you do not have an aux input connected, if the setup parameters have been TOLD that an input is for dimming, it could be looking at that port, seeing squat, and not changing the screen brightness because of it.

Thats all I got. Call GRT otherwise.

Last edited:
Bill is right. You probably have DIMMER set as one of the choices on one of your Analog inputs on the PFD. (Set Menu > General Setup > Analog (1-8) If you do have an external dimmer, wire it to both screens, because that's easier than making it cross the inter-display link.