uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
I have a 40 X 45 hangar with a 10 X 16 office along one back wall, anyone know from experience if I will be able to fit my RV-7 and a Hatz in the available space :confused:

To be certain, make templates of the overhead view of both aircraft and overlay them into the hangar.

I have a 24'x40' hangar and will be able to fit a Champ and an RV-6 if I ever finish the Champ. That is without overlapping the airplanes in any significant way. With the shorter wingspan of the Hatz (compared to a Champ), and the increased depth of your hangar, you shouldn't have any problem at all.

My hangar is the same size, with the door on the 45' wall.

If you put them tail to tail, they should fit just fine. Of course, if you don't have a travel trailer (caravan) taking up one entire side of the hangar, like I do for those trips to OSH with the family, it makes fitting them in together that much easier.

My hangar is 40 x 42. Currently my 6A and a Pitts S2B reside there, with lots of space for a couch and chair, work area, etc. We had a Rocket in there with the other 2 planes over the weekend as well, so even with the office space out of your floor area, I can't see you having a problem with those 2 aircraft:)

In our hangar we have an RV-7A and a Long EZ. The goal was to make it so
either plane could come and go with out touching the other. We have a 40x45 unit and put tape on the floor that we use to make sure each plane is where it needs to be from the entrance to parking spots in hangar. It is close but no hangar rash to date. Start with overhead view and scale models of each plane.

Does anyone have a google sketch up of an RV6 or RV7 that could be used for planning? I found a file at Vans but they had all models with all views and I wasn't able to figure out how to pull out just what I needed.

Thanks!

Download a top view from Van's and scale you hangar drawing to it. That is what we did.

Picture this,
40x45
F1 Rocket on the floor
Pitts on the floor
Rv10 on a lift
Cessna150 on a lift
Car at back and a washroom with room to walk

Now that's efficient space planning!
No, it's not mine:)